Introduction to Agile CRM
As stated in the Agile Manifesto, Agile CRM has a set of principles that put direct focus on customer value, iterative and incremental delivery. It comprises of intense collaboration and small integrated teams. The teams are small and self-organized and work for continuous improvement. The agile process management uses the approach where work is divided into small batches, and each batch is defined just before the start of each loop. The agile process is incremental and iterative in nature; its nature shows flexibility.
Agile is one of the best ways of managing projects. The agile process allows you to get the company’s concept to uses quickly. At any point, the user can check the progress and make changes accordingly if found not fulfilling. The agile process takes place in the cycle, which starts with planning- execution- review- rinse & repeat.
The agile process is used when the company or organization has clarity about its goal but the path to get to the solution is unclear; the agile process management is used.
Principles of Agile Management
It works on principles, which must be followed during development then only effective development can be expected. Which are:
1. Customer Satisfaction – The agile process management prioritizes its customer, they satisfy the customer by delivering the project early to the deadline, and continuity in the delivery is the key.
2. Acceptability – During the process, the customer is always welcomed with the changes in the requirements; late requirements are also accepted. The agile team makes changes for the customers so they can take advantage of a competitive market.
3. Face to Face – Conveying information is the biggest and important part, so the agile process adopts face to face conversation within the development teams. This is the most efficient and effective way to do the task with no mistakes.
4. Effective – The teams are keeping a check on the work at regular intervals and keep tunes on to keep the development more effective accordingly.
5. Positive Environment – Projects should be developed around motivated individuals. The manager must provide a positive environment and support the team need during the development; importantly, the manager should trust the team members for the work.
6. Constant Pace – Sustainable development is promoted by agile processes; the stakeholders, developers, sponsors, and a consumer should maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
7. Frequent Deliveries – Reduce the delivery time of the project from months to weeks. The agile process reduces the delivery time it keeps the cycles small.
8. Working Project is the Need – Even if everything is done on time but testing time takes long as expected, then this may delay the process. We cannot deliver a non-working project to the customer. So, the working project should be the primary measure of progress.
9. Simpler – During the development of the project, it is expected by the team to keep simpler processes because if needed in the future to make changes, it can be done quickly, which will save time.
Skills needed for Agile CRM
Following are the skills needed for agile CRM.
1. Dedication – When the project is developed with all good efforts, the project delivery team includes a team of dedicated team members who have experience and knowledge of agile project delivery culture, also stakeholders who fully understands the process, the dedication within teams help them achieve goal and customer satisfaction.
2. Deliver at the Best – Delivering at a great quality and on time is what a customer always demands. Customer relationship management can play a long- term business in the company. Maintaining Customer relationships for a long is one of the goals for the company, as it produces business.
3. Communication – For successful agile projects, a high level of interaction is demanded; it will be personal interaction and some informal communication that can also take place during discussions. It is also said that teammates should be co-located; it increases productivity and delivers project quick and correct.
4. Clarity is Just – The clarity of the required product is important, but most important is that the team members have clarity about their role, what is required from a person for the project. Identification of a key among dedicated product owner really breaks down the barriers between the development team and the organization.
5. Cross-Functional – The teams (agile software development) add on value and deliver when they are cross-functional. They can use different techniques, which can be testing of the product or writing documentation. Teams (cross-functional) increases efficiency by reducing hand-offs; these teams are more resilient yet efficient.
Tools and Techniques of the Agile CRM
The Agile CRM makes use of tools and techniques that help open and align the communication channel between stakeholders. They are open for updates on a daily basis. Acceptance criteria are shared and reviewed prior to starting the development of the project. The priority of agile management is to deliver the project to the consumer that fully fills the most valuable requirements during each iteration.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Collaboration
- Customer Commitment
- Decision Time
- Corporate culture
- Personal Characteristics
- Societal Culture
- Training and Learning
Methodologies of the Agile Process in Agile CRM
Below given are the several popular development methodologies; among these, scrum is the most popular method used for software development.
- Agile modeling
- Test-driven development
- Feature-driven development
- Extreme programming
- Agile data methodology
- Lean development
- Microsoft solutions framework for agile
- Adaptive software development
- Behavior-driven development
- Six Sigma
- Dynamic system development method.
Scrum contrasts with the waterfall (tradition) approach of software development. It is iterative in nature and designs an incremental framework for projects and products in development. it works in cycles; structures, cycles or work are termed sprints. These development sprints are kept shorts, from three to four weeks long. Teams prioritize work and select subsets of software to implement. After completion of sprints, it is shown to the customer, and feedback is noted; if found mistakes those are corrected at the same stage itself.
During development, this process demands short meetings for discussion on progress and failures on a daily basis, also termed as daily scrums where team members discuss their tasks and make a strategy for the next step towards development.
This has been a guide to Agile CRM. Here we discussed the concept, principle, skills needed, methodologies, tools, and techniques of Agile CRM. You can also go through our other Suggested Articles to learn more –