Updated May 30, 2023
Introduction to Agile CRM
The Agile Manifesto states that Agile CRM has principles that directly focus on customer value, iterative and incremental delivery. It comprises intense collaboration and small integrated teams. The teams are small and self-organized and work for continuous improvement. Agile process management utilizes an approach where the team divides work into small batches, defining each batch just before the start of each iteration. The agile process is incremental and iterative; its nature shows flexibility.
Agile is one of the best ways of managing projects. The agile process allows you to use the company’s concept quickly. At any point, the user can check the progress and make changes if found not fulfilling. The agile process occurs in the cycle, starting with planning- execution- review- rinse & repeat. When a company or organization has clarity about its goal, but the path to the solution is unclear, they utilize agile process management.
Principles of Agile Management
It works on principles that must be followed during development; only effective action can be expected.
- Customer Satisfaction – Agile process management prioritizes its customer, they satisfy the customer by delivering the project early to the deadline, and continuity in the delivery is the key.
- Acceptability – During the process, the customer always welcomed with the changes in the requirements; late requirements are also accepted. The agile team makes changes for the customers to take advantage of a competitive market.
- Face to Face – Conveying information is essential, so the agile process adopts face-to-face conversation within the development teams. This is the most efficient and effective way to do the task without mistakes.
- Effective – The teams check the work regularly and keep tunes on to keep the development more effective accordingly.
- Positive Environment – Motivated individuals should be at the core of project development. The manager must provide a positive environment and support the team’s needs during the development; notably, the manager should trust the team members for the work.
- Constant Pace – Agile processes promote sustainable development; the stakeholders, developers, sponsors, and consumers should maintain a constant pace indefinitely.
- Frequent Deliveries – Reduce the project’s delivery time from months to weeks. The agile process reduces the delivery time it keeps the cycles small.
- Working Project is the Need – Even if everything is done on time but testing time takes long as expected, then which may delay the process. We cannot deliver a non-working project to the customer. So, the working project should be the primary measure of progress.
- Simpler – During the project’s development, the team should maintain simpler processes to enable quick changes and save time when needed.
Skills Needed for Agile CRM
Following are the skills needed for agile CRM.
- Dedication – When the project is developed with all good efforts, the project delivery team includes dedicated team members with experience and knowledge of agile project delivery culture and stakeholders who fully understand the process; the dedication within teams helps them achieve goals and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver at the Best – Delivering at excellent quality and on time is what a customer always demands. Customer relationship management can play a long- term business in the company. Maintaining Customer relationships for a long time is one of the company’s goals, as it produces business.
- Communication – For successful agile projects, a high level of interaction is demanded; personal interaction and informal communication can also occur during discussions. It is also said that teammates should be co-located; it increases productivity and delivers projects quickly and correctly.
- Clarity is Just – The clarity of the required product is essential, but the most important is that the team members have clarity about their role and what is needed from a person for the project. Identifying a key among dedicated product owners breaks down the barriers between the development team and the organization.
- Cross-Functional – The teams (agile software development) add on value and deliver when they are cross-functional. They can use different techniques like testing the product or writing documentation. Teams (cross-functional) increase efficiency by reducing hand-offs; these teams are more resilient yet efficient.
Tools and Techniques of the Agile CRM
The Agile CRM uses tools and techniques that help open and align stakeholder communication channels. They are open for updates daily. We share and review the acceptance criteria before initiating the project’s development. The priority of agile management is to deliver the project to the consumer that fills the most valuable requirements during each iteration.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Collaboration
- Decision Time
- Customer Commitment
- Corporate Culture
- Personal Characteristics
- Societal Culture
- Training and Learning
Methodologies of the Agile Process in Agile CRM
Below are several popular development methodologies; among these, scrum is the most popular method used for software development.
- Agile modeling
- Test-driven development
- Feature-driven development
- Extreme programming
- Agile data methodology
- Lean development
- Microsoft solutions framework for agile
- Adaptive software development
- Behavior-driven development
- Six Sigma
- Dynamic system development method
Scrum contrasts with the waterfall (tradition) approach of software development. It is iterative in nature and designs an incremental framework for projects and products in development. It works in cycles; structures, cycles, or work are termed sprints. We keep these development sprints short, typically lasting three to four weeks. Teams prioritize work and select subsets of software to implement. After completing sprints, we show it to the customer and take note of their feedback. If we identify any mistakes, we promptly correct them during the same stage.
During development, this process demands short meetings for daily discussion on progress and failures, also termed as daily scrums, where team members discuss their tasks and make a strategy for the next step towards development.
This has been a guide to Agile CRM. Here we discussed the concept, principles, skills needed, methodologies, tools, and techniques of Agile CRM. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –