About Yadagirigutta Temple
Yadagirigutta Temple is the most famous temple in Telangana. It is the temple of Lord Vishnu, also known as the Lakshmi Narasimha Temple. Around 5000 to 8000 devotees visit the temple every single day. These devotees of the great Lord Vishnu come here to seek his blessings, make promises to him, offer prayers, and perform poojas and abhishekas.
The term “Vaidya Narasimha,” which means the doctor, refers to Lord Narasimha by the people. People believe God can cure any chronic sickness when they visit the temple. The 14-acre temple structure is made entirely of stone. Including its spiritual significance, the temple’s elevated location provides breathtaking views and rejuvenating experience.
What is Yadagirigutta Temple’s Significance?
- This Temple is Highly well-liked devotees who visit this temple will have their wishes fulfilled.
- The main temple’s twelve Alvar pillars are a favorite structure aspect.
- The silver Lakshmi Narasimha idols inside the temple also attract visitors.
- The temple’s location is close to the capital city because this temple receives a large number of visitors. A daily average of 5000 – 8000 visitors go to this temple.
- The Indian Green Building Council has given the Yadagirigutta Temple a platinum rating for sustainable building.
History of Yadagirigutta Temple
Yadari worshipped Lord Narsimha, and one day he was impressed by her. As a result, he appeared on the cave walls in five different incarnations. Sri Gandabharunda, Sri Lakshminarasimha, Sri Yogananda, Sri Ugra, and Sri Jwalanarasimha.
The tribal people learned of the Lord’s presence and began to worship him after Yadari attained salvation. They had been practicing false worship without releasing it. The Lord had left to the hills.
The tribal people searched for God for several years but could not find him. One night, Lord Narasimha Swamy appeared in the dream of a Devotee and instructed to take all the devotees to the cave. When they arrived, the Lord blessed all devotees by appearing in five different forms.
Yadagirigutta Temple’s Architecture
- The temple has maintained the Vaishnava Agama Shastras, primarily practiced in South India and known for their Thenkalai Heritage.
- The famous Film set Designer Anand Sai was the temple’s primary architect and worked under the senior architect P Madhusudhan due to their knowledge of Agama Shastras and old designs.
- They mainly imported 2.5 lakh tonnes of granite from Prakasam, Andhra Pradesh, for the temple’s reconstruction.
- The carving of the pillars is from a single stone.
- Originally, The YadagiriGutta Temple was constructed on two acres; it stands on 14 acres.
- CM K Chandrasekhar Rao, his Cabinet, colleagues, and business people donated the 125 kg of gold that covers the temple’s Vimana Gopuram (The top structure of the temple)
What are The Timings For Sevas and Poojas at Yadadri Temple?
|Suprabhatham||04 am to 04:40 am|
|Binde Teertam||04.30 am to 05 am|
|Bala Bogam||05 am to 05:30 am|
|Nijabhishekam||05:30 am to 06:30 am|
|Archana||06:30 am to 07:15 am|
|General Darshanam||07:15 am to 11:30 am|
|Maharaja Bogamu||11:30 am to 12:30 am|
|Darshanams||12:30 pm to 03 pm|
|Dawara Bandanamu||03 pm to 04 pm|
|Special Darshan||04 pm to 05 pm|
|General Darshan||05 pm to 07 pm|
|Aaradhana||07 pm to 07:30 pm|
|Archana||07:30 pm to 08:15 pm|
|General Darshan||08:15 pm to 09 pm|
|Maha Nevidhana||09 pm to 09:30 pm|
|Shayanostavam||09:30 pm to 09:45 pm|
|Temple Close||09:45 pm|
How to Reach Yadagirigutta Temple?
The distance between the temple and the city of Hyderabad is 85 kilometers. The nearest bus station to the temple is Bhongiri Bus Station, 14 km away, and buses run there every 30 minutes.
The temple is 62 kilometers from Secunderabad Railway Station, and the nearest stations are Wangapalli (7 km) and Raigir (9 km). Private vehicles are frequently available.
The Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad is the closest, about 91 kilometers from the temple. You may quickly reach the temple from here by using public transportation.
Best Time to Visit
October to March are the best times to visit the Yadagirigutta temple. You get relief from the heat at this time, allowing you to appreciate your journey more. You can enjoy seeing Yadagirigutta quite well that time of year.
The Yadagirigutta Temple is a highly well-known temple in Telangana. After more than five years of construction, the temple has developed from a small hill temple into a massive pilgrimage center and architectural wonder.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Yadagirigutta Temple” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,