Introduction to C++
C++ is an imperative and object-oriented programming (OOP) language used with application or system software, client-server application drivers, and embedded firmware. It is developed by Bjarne Stroustrup. It is a compiled language. It is an extension of the C language. Hence the basic syntax and code structure of C, as well as C++, are the same.
It introduces OOP (object-oriented programming), which is nothing but the structure of the program. It uses a blueprint to create new objects. With this blueprint, we can create different modules as per requirement. There were some pitfalls in the existing approach. OOP is a concept, Which used in C++. And also, it’s not, particularly with C++. If you see any high-level programming language, those are using OOP concepts.
How does C++ make Working so Easy?
There are some features of OOP’s. Which, by default, make C++ a very powerful and irreplaceable language.
- Encapsulation: The bookish definition of encapsulation is “Wrapping of data in a single unit”. Like a class, its wraps data member and methods under a single class. Encapsulation is the most striking feature of the class.
- Polymorphism: Poly means many, morphism means forms. Polymorphism means the ability to take many forms. This feature enables to use of the same name with different functionality depending upon the object passed to it.
- Inheritance: Inheritance is the main aspect of OOP. This feature gives the idea of code reusability. Inheritance adds extra features without modifying the existing class. It extends to the class and gives the benefit of using members of a previous class. Same as the parent-child relationship.
What can you do with C++?
- Most of the programmer come across the task which needs more security and ability to be flexible enough they select C++. It has the power that we can use it anywhere, like making Anti-virus, games, server-side programming and the most important one is Operating System.
- Also, the list does not finish here; we can build editors, databases, compilers, real-life complex applications, and the list goes on and on.
Working with C++
Working with this language is so easy. There are many ways nowadays to run your C++ programs. We need an integrated development environment to run our code. You can use Turbo C++, which looks like the below screenshot.
There are many IDEs available in the market. Select anyone and start coding.
Following are the steps to run a program in Turbo C++:
- Go to file => New
- It will open a new file.
- Write the code and save it.
- You can see the RUN option at the menu bar; click on it. It will expand, and again click on the run under submenu or simply press CTRL+f9 on the keyboard.
- This will run your code and will show you in a compiler.
When you are coming to learn to program, you should always prefer to run code alongside. Download IDE and start running code.
Given below are the advantages mentioned:
- Obliviously the first one is it’s an Object-Oriented programming language (OOP).
- It uses the Pointer concept, which is really powerful.
- It is easy to learn.
- It is quite fast as compared to other high-level languages.
- This is platform-independent. Support many devices.
- It has a robust performance. No one can debate on this.
- It has a rich functional library.
- Initially, when we are talking about computer languages, my suggestion is to always start C++ as your first language. This language clears all your doubts. So, you can catch up with any language.
- To become a software developer or to learn C++, you must know the OOPs concept. A computer doesn’t understand the high-level language that what we speak like English. It only knows binary 0s and 1s. Some fundamental knowledge of how language communicates with the computer. It’s an added advantage that how the computer works. And you are good too for it.
Why Should we use C++?
- The idea of getting a job with C++ is not a thinking process of the people these days. The people who are currently looking for a job or which are already in a job will not think about C++.
- As a requirement comes, there are fewer programmers who really know it. This is the main reason to learn it. And the other point of view is As many times I say its performance which makes it irreplaceable at some point.
- It has an endless scope. As it also supports graphics. If you got the right path of learning this language deeply, then you will find out why still there is scope for such an old language.
- In this area, everything we want has a time constraint. It can directly talk with the OS. The work done in this language is very fast. As per the optimization point of view, it’s the best ever to use.
Why do we Need C++?
- In very critical operations, we need something robust. Which cannot be infected with a virus?
- Also, something which does our work in a fraction of seconds. There is always a choice and audience for C++.
Who is the Right Audience for Learning C++ Technologies?
- As such, there is no restriction to learn this language. But if we think that to get into the unique requirement of IT today which performs crucial roles, then you can think about it.
- Why? C++ is the language that can be used for particular people who work in high-level security and high-performance applications. When we need something done in a fraction of seconds, and we can’t afford the delay, then we must consider C++.
How will this Technology help you in Career Growth?
- As a programmer, everybody prefers to go for a language that is easy to understand. Such as high-level languages, which include JAVA, C#, etc. But the point is when it comes to performance, no one beats it.
- If you know C++, then you can learn any language in less amount of time.
- It takes your career one step ahead as you know the concept already just need to modify some syntax. It will increase your grasping power. It helps you in the motto of continuous learning and self-development.
At this point, as a beginner, I just want to suggest you that go for it and learn. You never know what comes your way and how it will get encouraged by small learning steps. It is a peak once got you will never lose your aim in your journey.
This has been a guide to What is C++. Here we discuss the working, skills, scope, career growth, and advantages of C++ respectively. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –