Introduction to AppDynamics
In order to measure the performance of the application and monitor it, there are several tools available in the market. AppDynamics, in itself, is designed to manage the operations and performance of the applications available. As we don’t know the application’s capacity and the working range, it is difficult to assess the app performance. Here, AppDynamics helps identify and manage the working of applications in the cloud environment and in the servers. The availability of the applications, along with its working range, is also notified with AppDynamics. Intelligence software and tools are offered along with AppDynamics to improve the working of the tool.
What is AppDynamics?
- AppDynamics serves the purpose of monitoring and managing the performance of the tools in the given environment. The complex environment is generally difficult to manage and scale. AD makes the enterprises to monitor, analyze, and optimize the environment to any extent needed so that it is understood by the people who manage the application. They will not need any external help if any issues occur in the application. Also, it is very difficult to understand the working of an application in the cloud environment as it works by taking input from different servers. AD is good at managing applications in the cloud environment.
- Though it is developed for using in the production environment, it works in the preproduction and development environment. The applications are developed and tested in the development environment from where it moves into the production environment. Hence, it is good to test the application using AD in the development environment before the production environment so that the vulnerabilities and the application’s working performance can be monitored. However, the performance will not change related to the environment, and it can be monitored and compared with a different environment.
Importance of AppDynamics
- It is good to pair AD with containers, so that storage of the application and its data are taken care of in the AD. This will provide visibility to all the applications inside the system and the working. The inbuilt applications working is easy to identify and manage with the help of containers. The dashboard is created to notify all the activities being carried out through the AD for the purpose of applications in the system.
- We know that if the data is captured deeply, all the information related to the working of the application and its environments can be identified easily. But these data capturing and identification is not easy as it requires more resources and more storage. AD has come as a rescue over here as it records the entire working of the application even if the app does not show any mode of failure. Also, with the container’s storage, the data of the application can be stored and used whenever it is needed.
- A question often asked is why the monitoring of applications is important as it has passed all the test cases and works well in all the environment. Well, the notion of application monitoring is to make sure that it is working well with the given loads and delivering the business needs it is allocated with. This makes the application trustworthy and running in all the conditions. It is impossible for a user always to handle the application monitoring as it takes time and resources. Here, AD helps to monitor the application and to deliver the results in the form of logs. These logs can be used whenever an issue arises in the application.
- When we say application performance, it is not only the working of the application that is taken into consideration. The database performance, servers and CPU performance, along with infrastructure performance, is taken care of. This makes the users to fall in love with AD as the working is completely in line with the manual working of the system when handled by humans.
- As all the issues are listed well in the application’s user interface, it is easy to identify them. This helps the enterprises sort out the issues easily in the system. Hence the enterprises can move their business model from reactive to proactive due to the level of handling the business. Bottlenecks are easily identified.
- The documentation provided is pretty big and extensive as the configuration of the application is not easy. But with the documentation provided, it is easy to manage the configuration and to understand the working of AD.
Advantages of AppDynamics
- The entire infrastructure and building of the application can be viewed with the help of AD. This helps to check the application and its working and the maintenance of the same. All these can be done in less time with fewer resources involved. An agent might be needed to check the AD application at times.
- Also, business transaction monitoring can be done with the help of AppDynamics in the system.
- The user interface is easy to understand, and it shows the way how the systems are working. If there is an error in the code, it can be viewed and understood easily by looking at the user interface.
- Also, rather than looking at the display and working of the application, users can set alarms in AD so that users will be notified easily if something goes wrong. This helps them to look into the remedies of failure sooner than ever.
- Several machine learning techniques such as anomaly detection, regression, and many others will be helpful to monitor and detect spams and unauthorized requests. This will reduce the work of agents who monitor the AD in the system.
- Reports are created easily with customized templates. This makes the application helpful in all the ways, such as documentation, monitoring, setting alarms, and reviewing the application.
There are limitations in AD. For instance, it is not possible to customize the work handling of the application. Also, it might appear costly for small applications. But with all the advantages and its working being described, it is good to avoid the few limitations and to start enjoying the application.
This is a guide to What is AppDynamics?. Here we also discuss the introduction and importance of appdynamics along with advantages. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –
- JMeter vs LoadRunner
- MongoDB Capped Collections
- Uses of Artificial Intelligence
- Software System Architecture