Updated May 22, 2023
Web-Based Marketing Guide
Web-Based Marketing is nothing but profit from your own success. These days, if you don’t do Web-Based Marketing, your business doesn’t survive very long. Successful Web-Based Marketing does not require a particular method to be followed. It is always a combination of many online and offline Web-Based Marketing techniques.
Let us study much more about Web-Based Marketing in detail
Here are a few tips which will guide you to do Web-Based Marketing for your business. We also help you to expand your presence over social media and become a master in Web-Based Marketing.
1. Getting Started with Web-Based Marketing
Do you want to be successful online? Then approach the web in the same way you approach a customer in your offline business. Have all the basic fundamentals of business before getting started with a website.
Have an indelible focus on your customers and their needs because the customer is the measure of everything.
Make a plan for your marketing mix where you list all your Web-Based Marketing techniques, target customers, expected customers, and the cost involved in Web-Based Marketing
While making your marketing plans have these three points in your mind.
- Does it reach all the target customers?
- Will your marketing mix be beneficial to you?
- Can you execute all the Web-Based Marketing plans within your budget?
2. Building an effective website for marketing
While creating a website for your business, ask yourself a few questions: Who is the target audience? What else do they buy? What do they like to read? Where should I spend more on Web-Based Marketing? How many customers can I acquire through
web marketing online?
All these questions will help you develop the best website for your business. And you can reach your break-even point soon.
Make your website your strongest Web-Based Marketing technique.
Toot your own horn. Your website is no place to be shy. You have only one chance to make a first impression. Do shameless self-promotion and advertising on your site.
Here are a few tips to effectively market your business online.
- Create an impressive homepage on your website.
- Your website should turn the visitors to your site into your customers.
- Your site should give an answer to your customer’s questions and should make them engaged in your site.
- Avoid I, Me, Myself attitude.
- Make your site more user-friendly.
- Post all your business and contact details on every site page.
- Update the contents of your site frequently.
- Make a facility for the customers to contact you or call you instantly.
- Collect all the information of the customers through your site to maintain a database of the same for improving your business.
- Give information about your current customers and feedback given by them. This will help to gain the hope of the new customers.
3. Understanding the basics of online marketing
- The initial step is to create a comprehensive online marketing plan for your business. It should include a summary, business, and product descriptions, competitor analysis, target market identification, business strategy, sales plan, management team, and financial data.
- Next, establish goals for your business by conducting a survey and aligning them accordingly.
- Define specific website and internet marketing objectives to measure online success effectively.
- For instance, if your website’s goal is customer service, success can be measured by phone call volume, website traffic, site usage hours, and other relevant indicators.
- Offer 24/7 online customer support via phone calls and emails for prompt query resolution.
- Establish a consistent brand for your company or product, aligning your website name with your existing business, regardless of whether you sell products online or not.
- Generate revenue by advertising your website on various sites or through a business model.
- Increase visibility through offline advertising in places where your target market is present.
- Incorporate your domain name on products, packages, brochures, shopping bags, signs, and vehicles.
- Get listed on search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Consider the characteristics of your offline and online customers and segment your market to prioritize audiences based on available funds.
- Implement guerrilla marketing by focusing on one market segment at a time, gaining profit, and then reinvesting.
- Create a comprehensive Web-Based Marketing plan that answers why customers should choose your company over competitors.
- Develop a concise marketing tagline for your online presence.
- Keep track of leading competitors once your business is online.
- Familiarize yourself with the four P’s of marketing: Product, Price, Placement, and Promotion, and align your web marketing plan accordingly.
- Understand your target audience’s needs and motivations to drive success.
4. Enhance your online presence
Social media is the best way to enhance your online presence. It will help to increase the number of visitors to your site. Always listen a lot, as it will help you learn something new
Make the best use of a social media channel to increase your search engine ranking. The most common social media are listed below:
- Facebook: Use this social media for brand loyalty and customer support and to solicit your views and opinions.
- Twitter: This will help you in keeping you updated with local news, upcoming events, and offers.
- LinkedIn: This social media will help you in reaching your business clients and professional people related to your business.
- Blogs: a blog is a form of an online journal that looks more or less like web pages.
- Wikipedia: It is related to a blog which makes everyone a writer.
Also, you can use content-sharing sites like YouTube, podcasts, and Flickr to enhance customer participation.
Web analytics helps increase your site’s performance using traffic and sales statistics.
Track your website activity and identify what parameters to measure. There are a few important parameters used to measure, which are listed below
- Unique visitors
- Pageviews per visit
- URL’s viewed
- Search engines
- Conversion rates
The following statistics will help you to decide about a Web-Based Marketing program or site development.
- Time of day
- Day of week
- Browsers and OS
- Length of visit
- Search strings
- Hosts or sites
- Entry pages
- Exit pages
5. Effective online store
If you want to sell products online, do a study on online sales and go through many leading online stores. Learn about their sites, customer support, return policies, product quality, delivery terms, order fulfillment, shipping processes, tie-ups, and others.
The essential components of an online store are listed below
- Product Catalog: Includes product name, description, price, photo, and code number, if any.
- Shopping cart: Allows shoppers to add items for their purchases. They can also delete an item from the cart.
- Check stand: This part adds taxes to the cost of the bill and shows the final price to the customers. It accepts billing information like card numbers and passwords from customers in a safe and secure way.
- Reporting and order tracking: This helps a customer in keeping track of their purchased product.
Establish a B2B online store with a secure application form for wholesalers or dealers to request prices. Provide options for mailing in detail. Be selective in product display, as product selection and pricing are critical for online success. Make informed decisions on what to sell and at what price.
You can boost your revenue using any of these techniques in your storefront: cross-sales, up-sales, Personal recommendations, Bestsellers, What’s New, Hot deals, Gift recommendations, Impulse buys, Wishlist, date reminders, promotion codes, and many others are there.
Offer multiple payment options for the customers. This will increase your conversion rate.
Be available to customers through email or phone calls. It is a best practice to provide a toll-free number to the customers so they do not hesitate to contact you. In this way, you can keep your customers satisfied and can gain support from your customers.
Shipping is a real-time marketing issue these days. Provide choices for the customers in their shopping method. It’s better to hide some shipping charges in the product price itself.
Because a recent study shows that customers reduce their online purchases due to high shipping costs. So always reduce the shipping price.
6. Online advertising of the website
Pay Per Click (PPC) ads stand ahead of the old-fashioned advertisement. PPC links viewers’ search queries to advertisers’ answers, resulting in a highly targeted audience. For PPC service, you pay for the number of clicks you receive for your advertisement.
What to do under PPC programs?
- Devise a PPC strategy
- Compare PPC to other online advertisements
- Use content ad partners
- Planning PPC campaign
- Decide where to spend and how
- Make bidding within your budget
- Select appropriate search words
- Write a good PPC ad, including your offers
- Review your results from PPC and make changes accordingly
Other online advertising options, like banner advertising, newsletters, site sponsorships, and online classifieds, are available.
Paid online advertising also comes in various forms like static banner ads, animated GIF or flash ads, media ads, pop-up ads, Pop-unders, interstitial ads, and expandable ads.
Banner advertising is one of the more expensive methods of online advertisement. Banner advertising needs clever planning to increase your click-through rates. You must take the below points into consideration before going in for online banner advertising.
- Who is your target audience?
- Which site do you want to advertise your site?
- What type of ad do you want to display?
- Who will handle the campaign – yourself or an agency?
- Where do you want to place your ad on that particular site?
- What will be the contents of the banner?
- What will be the cost incurred?
- Will you be able to meet the cost?
- What will be your return on investment?
Here are a few tips listed below that would help you make an effective online advertisement.
- Grab attention to the title
- Always be creative
- Repeat the keywords to gain maximum attention
- Include your benefits and offers
- Avoid excessive use of exclamation points
- Attract customers with pictures. A picture speaks loud more than words.
- Include your site details and link to your site
- Post only your business details and avoid providing your personal details
- Proofread your ad before posting to avoid grammatical and spelling mistakes
7. Gaining attention using new technologies
The world of Web-Based Marketing changes constantly. Update yourself on these changes by reading more blogs and newsletters. Paying attention to recent changes in Web-Based Marketing will help you reach your targets better and increase your returns.
It will also help you to generate more leads. There are a lot of new techniques for Web-Based Marketing and advertising, which are discussed below.
Videos and vlogs
The growth of internet access and inexpensive video recording technology has helped a lot in Web-Based Marketing. You can include a video on your site that includes all your business details.
Personal video journals called vlogs are famous these days. In these vlogs, videos are updated regularly and include personal comments from viewers.
Podcasts are basically radio on-demand over the net. To make a podcast, you need to record your audio and add effects, then upload it to your site or any other hosting location.
Once you have submitted your podcast, advertise it on search engines. Most of the audience of podcasts are youngsters. This will increase your leads.
Webcasts, Web conferences, and Webinars
Webcasts refer to a live video net broadcast. This method works best in a B2C environment.
Web conferences work best for small group presentations in the form of data or documents. It is a two-way interaction method that is close to the sales cycle.
Webinars are a combination of PowerPoint presentations, live polls or surveys, etc.
This reaches a large number of participants and also gathers a lot of information from the people, like their emails and phone numbers. This method also helps in getting feedback from people about the product.
Mobile marketing is a very prominent method of Web-Based Marketing or product. Marketing is done through text messaging, picture messaging, mobile internet advertising, and mobile sites for which special web content is prepared. These types of mobile marketing are discussed below
Initiating a text message campaign
The steps for the text message campaign are as follows
- Have a five-digit code that will work on all carriers and is approved by all wireless network
- Advertise it through some means like TV, radio, billboard, and others
- Measure your responses to measure the effectiveness of the campaign
Marketing with MMS
MMS works the same as SMS but in the form of graphics, animation, video, or audio. MMS reaches a lot of audiences. A click-to-call option is the best way to attract customers through MMS. Make sure that the MMS is simple yet attractive.
Most mobile phones now have access to the web. And they use the mobile phone for surfing. When creating a website, see through that no heavy graphics are implemented. Also, text-intensive sites are hard to read.
The site should be clearly visible on the tiny screen. Plan your budget, target audience, and creativity before going in for a mobile website.
Finally, Your target audience is your north pole always navigate towards that using the basics of Web-Based Marketing as your compass.
First Image Source: www.pixabay.com
Here are some articles that will help you to get more detail about Web-Based Marketing, so just go through the link.