What is UiPath Delay?
- Basically, UiPath is a technique to renovate tedious jobs to entire UI automation, where UiPath Studio is introduced as a broad software solution that allows the user to convey out repetitive jobs of user’s back office, informal and immediate.
- UiPath Delay implements the delay activity to mark a pause or end the automation specified for a practice period of time. It is chiefly applied in projects where one requires decent timing such as waiting and then the opening of few specific applications or even waiting for information handling that one can implement in the varied activity.
- It waits for a definite amount of time before enduring the workflow. Here, using Delay Activity in the series wherever you require waiting for some interval where the Duration of Delay is measured in milliseconds.
How to Use UiPath Delay?
- There are several kinds of activities that are implemented in the web pages or also in industrializing apps and the user can discover them simply in the unit of activities panel characterized beneath UI automation where UI activities possess various assets in shared.
ContinueOnError: Also when the activity will display an error but still, the automation will remain to function. This field operates in the Boolean values where the default value is false. Here, the project operated won’t exhibit any error when the activity on this field is fixed to true within the try-catch.
- Delay After: It is responsible to pause any action.
- Delay Before: It is responsible to pause before any action.
- TimeoutMS: It assists to discover the part before we see any error.
- WaitForReady: It waits till the target is ready and before the user executes the activity.
- Target: It aids to determine the section in UI before the action begins.
- Variables available in UiPath are implemented for storing the data and also for modifying the variable value. Since the data types assist in storing data in various forms. UiPath enables several data types such as number, date, time, text, and universal value.
- The Delay activity allows the user for pausing the automation for a custom interval of time having the format hh:mm:ss. This action verifies itself as quite beneficial in projects which need decent timings like waiting for a particular application to begin or waiting for little info to be administered so that it can be executed in other activities.
- The Delay activity is implemented for adding a wait time either after or before an activity. Here, we can just simply drag and drop this delay activity for adding delay to the point wherever the user requires a delay provided for a certain time period defined.
- We can assign the delay time by visiting the Properties panel option in the workflow of UiPath for the delay activity and stating the interval time. For example, in the format hh:mm:ss, we can write as 00:00:02 which defines a delay occurring for 2 seconds.
Why use UiPath Delay?
Following are a few properties of UiPath listed below:
- UiPath Delay is a technique applied to discontinue or pause the automation for little time which is primarily used in projects where there is a requirement for time to wait and start a particular application.
- UiPath is further reasonable.
- It’s informal to study on your individual and run.
- It’s cake walk discovery learning material present online.
- UiPath applies VB to program the code.
- UI contains graphic method designers to create the solutions.
- It is an improved RPA tool that allows a user to develop automation procedures visually by means of diagrams delivering entire end-to-end automation, defining it as hyper-automation.
- Activity library is one of the chief benefits of using UiPath which consists of a broad range of pre-built options of drag and drop which the programmer can implement to design their bots.
- It helps to automate the tasks such as PDF applications, Windows Desktop applications, web applications, Citrix applications, and so on.
- There are 3 kinds of workflows in UiPath such as: Sequences – A minor project preferred for linear processes that assists the developers to switch between activities easily. State Machine – A state machine applying a particular number of states implemented for automation switching between different states. Flowchart – Implemented for minor or big projects which aids in constructing difficult industry.
- Error controlling activities present in UiPath are: Try Catch, Catch, Terminate workflow, Throw.
- UiPath can also be implemented in several kinds of recordings present in UiPath like Desktop, Basic, WEB, Image, and Citrix.
UiPath Delay Examples
Let us exemplify how the delay activity can be best implemented by developing automation that is able to write two messages to the panel Output having a delay of 20 seconds amid them.
1. Make a new flowchart.
2. Adding a Write Line activity. Also, associate it to the Start node.
3. Select the activity and also type “This is the starting time.” in the Text type.
4. Again adding a Delay activity followed by associating it to the formerly added activity.
5. Choose the activity and then in the Properties panel, type 00:00:20 in the Duration field which is the 20 seconds of delay which will happen between the two logged messages.
6. Further adding the next Write Line activity. Also associating it to the formerly added activity.
7. Type “The message is delayed by the time 20 seconds.”, in the Text field. You can view the last project as shown in the below screenshot:
8. Now, press F5, the automation is run. It should be noted that the two messages that are added in the Write Line activities in the Output Panel are scripted twenty seconds apart.
- UiPath is said to be robust RPA tool that is implemented for forming tasks and then automating them to decrease the load on persons. The tasks such as addressing queries or controlling emails and transactions can be computerized simply.
- UiPath includes two activities: Assign activity that helps to allocate a value or output to a variable and applied inside arrays, loops, etc. & Delay Activity that helps to pause or delay the automation for a specific time.
This is a guide to UiPath Delay. Here we discuss What is UiPath Delay, How to use UiPath Delay, Examples with code implementation. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –