Difference Between Trello vs Slack
Trello is a type of project management platform that can be easily accessed through a web browser. The Trello platform is an open-source platform, and any user can access the platform for project management activity without paying for that. The platform contains boards that used to represent project workflows. Slack is a communication platform used by the organization and company to communicate between the employees. The user can share the image, documents and can also do video conferencing using the slack platform. The slack platform can be accessed from mobile phones, desktop, or laptops. It is also an open-source platform.
Head to Head Comparison between Trello vs Slack (Infographics)
Below are the top 11 differences between Trello vs Slack:
Key differences of Trello vs Slack
Following are key differences between Trello vs Slack:
- One of the major differences between the two platforms, I.e. Trello platform and Slack platform, is the platform’s use. The slack platform is a strong communication platform that provides the public and private channel or project type channel for the organization employee to send the messages. The slack platform also provides the functionality to send a direct message to each other. The user of the slack platform can do one to one video conferencing with each other. On the other hand, Trello is a project management tool widely used for managing project workflows and managing project activities. The Trello platform provides the functionality to assign the task, can do the progress monitoring of activities, and can also control the project activities using this tool. The users can also discuss the task activities using the Trello platform.
- The other difference between the two platforms is the pricing system. The Trello platform’s basic version is free of cost, and users can use the platform for basic functionality. However, the Trello platform also offers the business class type edition in that users need to pay $9.99 for one month. The Trello platform also offers the enterprise edition in which the user needs to pay $20.83 per month to use additional features of the platform. On the other hand, the slack platform is also an open-source platform in which the user can use the platform’s basic features. The slack platform offers the standard edition in which the user needs to pay $6.67 per month. In this, the platform can be integrated as many of the applications easily. And in the standard edition, the user can store unlimited messages.
- The other difference between the two platforms is easy to use of the platform. As in both the platform Trello platform and Slack platform use the SaaS integration, both types of platforms can be easily accessed. But if we compare, the Trello platform is more appealing and has a better user interface than the slack platform. The user interface design for the Trello platform has more advanced features than the slack platform.
- The other difference between these two platforms is integration with other platforms and applications. The slack platform can easily integrate with other applications and platforms, but this functionality is not present in the Trello platform. Slack is a better collaboration platform and supports the integration of different APIs as per the user requirements. The customizable support is also there in the slack platform. In a customizable option, the platform can be made customized as per the user requirements. However, this functionality is not supported in the Trello platform.
- The other key difference between the Trello platform and the Slack platform is the platform’s target audience. The Trello platform mostly targets individual users as the tool is used for project monitoring activities and track the project activity. On the other hand, the slack platform targets the whole organization or company as it is used by the entire organization to communicate and chat within the organization. The slack provides engineering, IT, sales, customer support, human resource, and marketing solutions.
Trello vs Slack Comparison Table
Let us discuss the top comparison between Trello vs Slack:
|Owner||The Atlassian organization develops the Trello platform. This organization develops other several products.||An American company develops the Slack platform, and the developer named was Stewart Butterfield.|
|Price||The Trello is an open-source tool and offers basic functionality for free. However, there is a paid version also provided that offers more advanced features to the user.||Slack is also an open-source tool that provides basic functionalities for free. However, the Slack platform provides a standard edition that provides advanced features to the organization.|
|Support for cloud environment||The Trello platform supports cloud-based integration and provides the cloud-hosted environment to its users.||The Slack platform also supports cloud-based integration and provides the cloud-hosted environment to its users.|
|Other system support||The Trello platform supports multiple device support as it can be accessed through the IOS application or android application.||The Slack platform supports multiple device support as the tool can be accessed through the IOS application or android application or the computer systems and laptops.|
|Integration partners||The total number of integration partners for the Trello platform is nearly 30.||In the slack platform, the total number of integration partners is more than 50. Also, the platform can be easily integrated with different applications and platforms.|
|Use||The Trello platform is mostly used for project management activities as the tool provides the functionality to track project progress and assign tasks very easily using this platform.||The Slack platform is mostly used for the team communication channel. The user can send one to one message or can send a message in a group or channel. The user can also do one to one video conferencing.|
|Interface||The Trello platform provides a neat interface containing lists, boards, and cards that are used to track the project status and task assignment.||The Slack platform also provides a simple interface so that employees can communicate easily with each other and send a message to each other.|
The Trello platform and Slack platform are two different types of platforms. Trello is a project management platform that is used to manage project activities. On the other hand, slack is a communication chat platform that the organization uses to establish the communication medium within the organization.
This is a guide to Trello vs Slack. Here we also discuss the Trello vs Slack-key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –