OWASP Training (2 Courses)
2 Online Courses
Verifiable Certificate of Completion
OWASP Top 10 - Beginners
OWASP Top 10 - Advanced
What you get
Mobile App Access
Online OWASP Certification Course
This OWASP Top 10 Training Course includes 2 comprehensive OWASP Certification with 15+ hours of video tutorials and Lifetime Access. You get to learn web application security testing with OWASP standards. Here in this OWASP Certification Course, we are going to learn about those common vulnerabilities that usually occurs in the web application and can be exploited to compromise the organizational operations. There is a list of top ten vulnerabilities that an application is most likely to be having, called OWASP and it is what we will be mastering in this OWASP training.
Security is the main concern for the organization these days and this fact could not be denied. With the advancement in technology, the level of breaches has also been enhanced. The web application or portal of any organization is the entity that is supposed to be open for public interaction and hence considered as the most attack prone part. If we talk about securing the organization from the security breaches, their public-facing web application has to be considered primarily. In a web application, there can be various vulnerability based on how the code has been written.
Industry Growth Trend
[Source - MarketsandMarkets]
[Source - Indeed]
About OWASP Certification
|Courses||No. of Hours|
|Web Application Security with OWASP Top 10 - Beginners||7h 16m|
|Web Application Security with OWASP Top 10 - Advanced||7h 42m|
|Course Name||Online OWASP Training Certification|
|Deal||You get access to all 2 courses bundle. You do not need to purchase each course separately.|
|Hours||15+ Video Hours|
|Core Coverage||Learn web application security testing with OWASP standards|
|Course Validity||Lifetime Access|
|Eligibility||Anyone who is serious about learning OWASP Top 10 Course and wants to make a career in this Field|
|Pre-Requisites||Basic knowledge about web testing would be preferable|
|What do you get?||Certificate of Completion for each of the 2 courses|
|Certification Type||Course Completion Certificates|
|Verifiable Certificates?||Yes, you get verifiable certificates for each course with a unique link. These link can be included in your resume/Linkedin profile to showcase your enhanced skills|
|Type of Training||Video Course – Self Paced Learning|
|System Requirement||1 GB RAM or higher|
|Other Requirement||Speaker / Headphone|
OWASP Certification Course Curriculum
In this section, each module of the OWASP Certification Course is explained.
|Sr. No.||Course Name||No of Hours||Course Description|
|1||OWASP Top 10 – Beginners||7||In the first OWASP Certification Course unit, you will get a little brief about what OWASP is, which organization handles it, how frequently the least is releases and additional details that can make you aware about the topic that you are going to learn. The actual tutorial will start with the brief details on the vulnerabilities that have been covered under the top 10 list. The unit has been mainly developed for the beginners so you will be learning everything in the way that a newcomer learns. All of the topics will be explained using examples to makes you understand how things actually work. You will also be supposed to practice the same as the tutor in order to get hands-on experience while learning. All the vulnerabilities will be explained to you to make your concept clear about them. At the end of this unit, you will come across an example that will show you how to assess the vulnerability in the application.|
|2||OWASP Top 10 – Advanced||7||In the second OWASP training unit, you will be covering the same topics that have been taught to you in the last unit but in a deep manner. You will see what kind of methods are used to exploit the vulnerabilities and how to remediate them. One vulnerability can be exploited in many different ways and you will come across all of them. You will see examples will give you real exposure of how the weakness in the web application can be found, how they could be exploited and what are the security measures that have to be considered to keep the application secure. The examples used in this unit has been selected carefully to make you learn how to actually the application. After the completion of the second unit of this OWASP certification course, you will be able to penetrate the application that is found vulnerable with any of the vulnerabilities that fall under the list of OWASP Top 10.|
OWASP Training – Certificate of Completion
What is OWASP Top 10?
OWASP stands for Open Web Application Security Project. OWASP is a non-profitable organization that released the list of top 10 vulnerabilities that a vulnerable application usually contains. In this list, there are 10 common vulnerabilities with higher severity and that weakness must have to be remediated in order to keep the application secure from the attackers or hackers. Breaking or exploiting those vulnerabilities in any application can get one the very juicy information. That information can be leveraged to compromise the entire system.
The impact of those vulnerabilities are very high and hence the application must have to be protected against those vulnerabilities. In most of the cases, the common ways to remediate the application is just by making amendments in the codes while some of the vulnerabilities can be remediated by making changes in the server. The list of OWASP changes in four years is the new vulnerabilities comes into effect with the advancement of the technology. There are other lists of vulnerabilities like SANS 25 and so on, but OWASP covers almost all of the vulnerabilities that are there in the other lists.
What skills you will learn in this course?
- The motive of this OWASP Certification Course is you train you on the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities so that you can be able to protect the application against the attacks. This OWASP training will help you in improving your skills on detect the vulnerabilities and how to take action to remediate them. You will learn about all of the vulnerabilities in-depth and you will also learn about the payload that can be used to exploit a particular vulnerability. You will get hands-on exposure to how to penetrate the vulnerable web application and break the system.
- The examples included in this OWASP Certification Course have been selected very carefully to get you all the skillset that a hacker should possess in order to hack the web application. This course is not just about getting the theoretical idea but moreover about being cognizant about how the security of the application could be exploited in order to make damage to the system so that the organization can get an actual idea of how the attacker or hacker can compromise the system. So that you can improve your hands-on practice on OWASP, we have included several important and very informative examples in this OWASP training course.
- Anyone who wants to be an ethical hacker or wants to begin their career in cybersecurity can be the best audience for this OWASP Certification Course. The professionals who are working in cybersecurity and wants to learn web application penetration testing can opt this course to get an edge to their career. They will learn how to penetrate the web application and how to protect them against the attacks. It will also be very helpful for the organization that has professionals who are master in web application security.
- The students who are interested to be an ethical hacker can opt this OWASP Training Certification to improve the skills like coding skills, will learn about how the internet works, how the servers play their role and so on. After completing this course, they will be entitled to get privilege in job or internship interviews. The trainers who are already training folks in cybersecurity and want s to enlarge the domain of their training can opt this OWASP Certification Course to make themselves cognizant about web application penetration testing. They will be able to attract more and more talent this way.
Why should I learn OWASP Top 10?
When it comes to protecting an organization from attackers, their web application is something that has to be protected. So in simple terms, the security of any organization begins from their portal. From this fact, it is clear that the security professional must have to know about web application security testing if they want a lucrative and rewarding career in the domain of cybersecurity.
How long it may take to learn OWASP?
Learning OWASP could take around two months in order to cover every vulnerability in depth. Based on how much time you are giving every day, it may depend on how quickly you can learn this. Though it could be learned in two months, you can keep on practicing it in order to get your hands deep in the web application penetration testing.
- As we discussed earlier how the organizations need the professionals who can protect their web application, it is clear that learning web application security offers a very gainful career. It is important for the professionals to understand that in the domain of cybersecurity there are several things and web application penetration testing is one among them, but this module of cybersecurity is very crucial as, without it, the system will be definitely very weak. Currently, there are numerous open positions for the role of web application security tester and the number of positions is expected to grow in the near future. Even if the cybersecurity professional works on other modules of cybersecurity, it will always give them an edge to learn web application penetration testing. The compensation offered to the ethical hackers is good enough to attach the talents in this domain.
Web App Security
OWASP Top 10 Beginner