Overview of Project Management Tools Software
Project management is defined as the process of controlling and supervision of the work. Every project needs management so that the project will be completed in the projected time and there is a saving of resources. But this management of projects is not easy because many things need to look-after like manpower, material, and other essential things, so this is not possible for one person. Here the need for a software came in the seen, the project management software is designed so that it saves energy and time and helps to complete the project on time. In this time many types of project management software are in the market, different companies provided different types of software with different features. In this topic, we are going to learn about Project Management Tools Software.
Most Popular Project Management tools Software Products
If we speak about the top products on the project management market, here is the list of some of the most common software products for project management instruments:
- ProofHub: It is a project management software and team collaboration software. It has a simple interface. Teams become super efficient as it becomes a single source of truth and team members do not need to juggle various applications to collaborate and stay informed. It takes care of all aspects of project management from planning, task allocation, tracking progress, discussions, communication, proofing to time management and delivery of projects on time. The mobile app of ProofHub is another added advantage it offers as it keeps everyone informed on the go.
- Scoro: This platform also has a good reputation in the market because of its unique features and a really easy interface. This software provides real-time data to the manager about the project. Also if we talk about the tools, It also provides satisfaction to the user.
- Gantt-Pro: If we look in history we find that Gantt technology really changes the era of project management. This software is the upgraded version of the prior and helping many firms to achieve their project goals. As far as the specifications of this software are concerned it comes with many such specifications like pre-designed templates, real-time monitoring, and some other also.
- Workbook: As its name defines, it really meant for it, because it makes the work easy and comfortable. The features of this software are like the extra feather in the cap. The project report in this software is customizable very easily and also file sharing is also not a burden like other software. So overall this is the good scorer.
Top 21 Most Popular Project Management Software
Every company in the market of Project management tools software provides its best features but most rated software on the basis of use, technicality is given below:
- Easy project
All Project Management Software Reviews
Below are a few reviews of project management software as follows
1. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is the reputed product of the giant Microsoft, which provides the best features in the market. Let see some reviews about that;
- Pro: Best feature in that product is that you can use a driver prioritization module to develop workshops in which executives openly discuss the issue’s importance of each business controller and thus be able to prioritize the strategies according to the established objectives.
- Cons: With best features, it has some defects also like the development of the chronogram of the different projects and the information that is offered to the teams involved in the different projects, as well as the possibility of associating one or more plans for the execution of the project and a baseline for the project
- Overall: By analyzing its pros and cons, it is clear that this product is a good product because it provides security, effectiveness and good control.
Wrike is also the best product in the market after the Microsoft; It is the award-winning product in 2018. It comes with many updated features which are really appreciable:
- Pro: This product is really helpful to assign the project to the team and help the employees to get more organized. It is easy to create a task and assign it in this product. It is also great because one can put the same task in different locations.
- Cons: Sometimes there is malfunctioning is there while assigning the task in this Product, the project is assigned to others, etc. The interface is not as simple as required.
- Overall: By neglecting the cons of this project we can say that this product is good enough and one can work effectively on this software.
JIRA is the software that is developed by the Atlassian. It is a very good software and has an impeccable reputation in the market.
- Pro: It has prevailed in the market because it has a single repository for all work being done and one can easily search for tickets across all the different teams.
- Cons: Sometimes a problem occurs in this software when to create a ticket. The speed of this software is less compare to others.
- Overall: Easy to use and reliable software it is. Gives accurate results so overall grading is good.
Types of Project Management Software
Basically, there are two types of project management software:
- Desktop: the First type of software is the desktop-based software like as we discussed above “ “Microsoft Project”. By using this type of software one can easily manage the whole project very easily and effectively. This type of software is accurate in working and less hectic. It requires continuous updates so that the speed of software should be maintained.
- Web-based: The other type of software is web-based, this software extremely depends upon the internet and gives real-time data update to the manager. Also with the real-time monitoring, the manager can control and check the work easily and keep in touch with the employees.
- Mobile: With the advancement of technology the project management software is now also coming in the mobile variant, which is easily accessible anywhere and available in every hand.
List of Examples
There is a Sea of software in the market but some gems software in the Sea is:
- Version One
- Zoho Projects
- Teamwork Projects
Kudos to all this software, which makes our work too easier and comfortable.
This is a guide to Project Management Tools Software. Here we discuss the most popular project management softwares and products with their types and examples. You can also go through our other suggested articles to learn more –