All About The HR Coordinator Work
HR Coordinator Work – Whenever we join a company, the first office that we are made to visit is the HR office. Even before joining, the HR office is the office that makes sure that we are selected in the company. So basically, the human resource department of a company deals with the recruitment of the employees in the company and its management and training. And that does not limit the role and responsibility of the HR department; the HR department is also responsible for the employer-employee relation and its effective management.
Importance of human resource management
The importance of the task of managing the human resource is often ignored because the human resources of the company are not considered to be a very important resource in the company. Still, in recent times, the mindset of the people has changed. The companies have started to realize the importance of human resources and the importance of keeping the human resource personnel happy and satisfied. They have begun to realize that the organization cannot really grow without a satisfied task force of the organization. And hence the importance of the various functions of human resource management has been discussed below:
- Recruitment and training: getting the right kind of people on the right job at the right time is the main aim of the recruitment process of the HRM and also has to formulate various plans and policies to be able to recruit the best-suited people for the job. Also, they need to ensure the obligations of the employee so recruited and the tasks to be performed by them. This makes the basis for the recruitment process for the company. They also make sure to properly train the employees and hone their existing HR coordinator work skills to be best suited to their job and ensure that they can complete their job with increased efficiency and a better and more specialized skill set.
- Performance appraisal: once recruited, it is an equally important task for the human resource department to keep the employees on their job and to keep them satisfied so that they can do their job with better motivation and also to be able to decrease the employee turnover rate in the organization and decrease the cost of recruiting new employees. In order to be able to do that, the company has a well-defined structure in which the individual performance appraisal of the employees is measured, and they are offered a raise in compliance with their performance and their accomplishment of the company goals. This helps in properly defining the company goals and objectives and motivates the employees to work towards it.
- Maintaining work atmosphere: An employee’s working in any organization can be largely dependent on the working condition prevalent in the organization. If the working environment of the organization is not conducive for the employee, then the employee may decide to leave the company, and hence it might put an adverse effect on the image of the company and also the motivation level of other employees, and they might want to follow suit. Hence it is the job of the HR department to make sure that the working environment in the organization is conducive enough to bring out the best in the employees. This includes the physical environment of keeping the company clean, healthy, and safe, but it also includes the mental environment and atmosphere in the organization. Hence it is advised to keep the atmosphere of the organization to be friendly for better job satisfaction.
- Managing disputes: due to the large number of employees employed in an organization, conflicts between them is bound to happen. And in such a scenario, it is the duty and the responsibility of the HR department to hear the grievances of the employees and take the necessary action so as to be able to resolve the dispute. It may even lead to a decreased level of motivation among the employees. Hence the HRM needs to take timely and correct actions before the conflict is blown out of proportion. HENCE, the HRM needs to sit and listen to both the parties of the conflict and take corrective measures.
- Developing public relations: the reputation of any company largely depends upon the relations it maintains with the public and the other competitive firms in the market and with the other firms of different sectors. Hence it is the role of the HRM to conduct various seminars and gatherings of the organization at an equal interval of time. It helps in improving the total image of the company in the market.
Due to these important functions performed by the HRM, the companies have now started to put in greater effort to build a good HR department. And since managing the human resources of a company is not a one-man job, there are various levels and HR coordinator work given to various people inside the human resource department. Out of the various posts in the department, one post is that of HR coordinator. The HR coordinator definition includes various roles and responsibilities, such as the recruitment of new employee personnel in the organization and their proper HR coordinator training. The various other duties and functions of the HR coordinator meaning as discussed below:
HR Coordinator meaning Work Job description & duties
Although the job of HR coordinator responsibilities requires them to work directly under the HR manager, you are not necessarily given the job of supervising anyone. You are considered more of a representative of the human resource department, and you are required to facilitate all the functions of the department. But since the job coordinator has to work with the current employees and the new recruits, the job description includes a variety of roles and responsibilities for the coordinator and, in turn, makes the coordinator’s job a very important job in the job company as a whole. The HR coordinator Work may even be asked to prepare for a cost-benefit analysis of the recruitment of the new employees in the company. You may even be asked to view and evaluate the resumes of the applicants and choose the best-suited candidate for further screening. You will have to make sure that the employees of the organization are enrolled in proper health benefits programs and insurance.
The job of the coordinator starts right from the time of recruiting the employees in the company and goes on as long as you are a part of the company. You have to make sure that well-suited and well-qualified persons are recruited for the job and that the company can retain the employees in the organization. You have to make sure that the employee policies are effectively planned and implemented, and the employee grievances are timely heard and acted upon. All this requires extensive and in-depth research on the part of the HR coordinator Work. But the coordinator’s job is not a field job, i.e., you won’t have to travel a lot, but instead, it is a desk job and will have to perform staying within the company’s premises.
What Are HR coordinator Responsibilities?
You will need a specific skill set and educational qualification so as to be able to land yourself in a job with good growth prospects. The minimum educational qualification required to land a good job as an HR coordinator means a bachelor’s degree. The bachelor’s degree required by the different organizations can vary, but it is recommended that if you wish to get a job as the HR coordinator responsibilities, then a bachelor’s degree in human resources is best suited.
To improve your job prospects even further and to be able to get even a better job, you can also go for a higher degree like an MBA in human resources or subjects with human resource emphasis or a master’s degree with subjects of management emphasis.
And not just the skills and the educational qualification will land you a well-paid job in a good company as an HR coordinator meaning. You will need some hands-on experience in the field of the human resource department. You can get a job by searching for the jobs online, or you could even contact a local recruiting agency for the job or can even sign up for a walk-in interview by contacting the potential recruiter company. The work experience can help you in getting a better job as compared to an un-experienced candidate.
Personal traits and aptitude
As it is clear from the above-discussed roles and responsibilities of the coordinator, it is clear that the coordinator does not have to deal with the co-workers only but all the employees of the organization, not just the new employees but also the already employed employees. Hence, to apply for the job of HR coordinator responsibilities, the applicants must possess various traits so that they can excel in the job they perform.
- Public speaker: the various training sessions of the employees may need them to be good public speakers so that they can convey their idea of training and train the employees properly. A stammering HR coordinator’s work will not be able to deliver to the maximum level, and hence it will, in turn, affect the organization and its output level. Also, at times of communicating the goals of the organization to the employees might also need good communication skills on the part of the HR coordinator work.
- Confident: the coordinator should be confident in whatever he does because only then will he be able to convince the employees of doing the task or be able to put across his point of view in various instances of training programs.
- Good listener: at the time of interviewing a candidate for the job, the coordinator needs to be a good listener so that he is able to listen and grasp the qualifications of the candidate and should be able to judge whether the candidate is suitable for the job position.
- Judge of character: other than the qualifications, the coordinator should also be able to judge the character of the candidate as to whether the candidate is a motivated candidate with the willpower to work and dedication to complete the task given to him so that he can choose the candidate best suited for the job and the organization.
- Adaptable: the changing dynamics of the marketplace require a person who can change himself accordingly. Hence, it is important for a coordinator to be adaptable to the various situations that may be presented in front of him. Also, the coordinator should think instantly in case of a scenario where he is required to formulate any change in any of the organization’s policies due to the changing environment.
HR Coordinator work Responsibilities Future Outlook
Due to the increasing competition in the marketplace, it has become inevitable for the company to employ a well-trained and highly specialized workforce in the company and keep them in the company. And for this, they need highly specialized human resource specialists, who can find the highly competent personnel for the job and make sure that the employees are satisfied and are well paid. Also, they make sure that the company policies are properly communicated to the employees and are properly implemented.
Hence to perform all these tasks, it is highly important for the company to hire professionals, which in turn is increasing the demand for human resource professionals. Hence it is anticipated that the demand for human resource personnel is likely to increase even more in the near future. Moreover, already recruited HR professionals can look forward to higher posts as many of the Human Resource Director in many companies have started from the post of being an HR coordinator work themselves.
Hence, being an HR coordinator work is an important job. If you possess the above-mentioned traits and HR coordinator work qualifications, then being an HR coordinator is the right kind of job, and you should just go for it.
Here are some articles that will help you to get more detail about the HR Coordinator Work, so just go through the link.