Top Hotels in Reykjavik
Reykjavik is the capital of Iceland and an essential city in the region. It’s a great place to base yourself on exploring this beautiful country, but it does have some drawbacks if you’re looking for a hotel with all the bells and whistles. On the other hand, if you’re looking for something more basic, there are plenty of options, such as hostels. The hotels in Reykjavik are great, but there are also many accommodation options.
If you’re looking for something a little more unusual, check out our list of the ten best hostels in Reykjavik. Most hotels in Reykjavik have private rooms with en-suite bathrooms, although some have shared ones. In addition, all the hotels have air conditioning and heating. A double room usually costs between $140-$250 per night. The prices vary depending on the season and availability.
Hotels To Stay in Reykjavik
Some well-known hotels in Reykjavik are listed below:-
#1 Canopy is a Hilton brand
This top-tier hotel in Reykjavik is located just around the corner from Laugavegur street. It has meticulously refurbished rooms, and the loft units feature living spaces. In addition, there’s a library, free bicycles, Omnom chocolate from Iceland, and water purified by Icelandic lava.
- Address: Al Seef Street Umm Hurair 1 Dubai Creek, Dubai United Arab Emirates
- Price: 13,000 INR
- Facilities and Amenities:- a short walk from the museums, harbor, and cathedral, it provides contemporary rooms and suites with expensive art, breakfast, espresso machines, and mini-fridges.
- Hotel Phone: +354 528 7000
#2 The Edition
It offers panoramic views of Reykjavik Harbour and the mountains. The rooms are bright and inviting, with warm wooden built-ins, a clean design, and floor-to-ceiling windows; several have private water-view patios.
- Address: Austurbakki 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Facilities and Amenities:- The five modern in-hotel eating and drinking options vary from informal to Michelin-starred and feature a rooftop bar with 360° views of the city, mountains, and ocean. The hotel in Reykjavik also has a gym and complimentary bike rentals, but the gorgeous setting and outstanding service elevate it to the top of the list.
- Price: 33,000 INR
- Phone: +354 582 0000
#3 The Sand Hotel
This well-appointed boutique hotel in Reykjavik’s center combines attractive contemporary decor with historic roots. Guest rooms sleep 2-4 people and include stunning modern design and high-end amenities like in-room Nespresso, heated flooring, Marshall Bluetooth speakers, and even a complimentary cell phone for local usage.
- Address: Laugavegur 34, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Facilities and Amenities:- Finish it with an in-hotel bar/lounge and a delicious complimentary breakfast. On the famed Laugavegur shopping street, above a famous century-old bakery, surrounded by some of the city’s top cafes.
- Price: 18,000
- Phone: +354 519 8090
#4 The Apótek Hotel
Apótek Hotel is a boutique hotel with deluxe rooms and suites with views of Austurvöllur plaza (the most outstanding views), and suites include lounging spaces.
There is one three-story tower suite. In addition, there are several museums, galleries, restaurants, and shopping opportunities.
- Address: Austurstræti 16, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Facilities and Amenities:- hotel with stylish rooms and suites, parquet floors, minibars, and writing tables.
- Price: 15,783
- Phone: +354 512 9000
This contemporary hotel in Reykjavik provides modest, modern rooms and suites with tea/coffee-making facilities on Laugavegur (Reykjavik’s main retail strip), within walking distance of the port and Hallgrimskirkja cathedral.
- Address: Laugavegur 66-68, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Facilities and Amenities:- Deluxe rooms feature views of the mountains or the sea, attic rooms have balconies, and suites include both living spaces and terraces. Locals use smartphones for free in all accommodations.
- Price: 13,631
- Phone: +354 553 9366
This 4-star boutique hotel, furnished with artwork by great Icelandic painters, is a 5-minute walk from the main shopping strip and Tjornin Lake.
- Address: Bergstaðastræti 37, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
- Facilities and Amenities:- All rooms come equipped with work desks and minibars, and suites offer additional living spaces featuring pull-out sofa beds. In addition, it has a well-known fine-dining restaurant and an extensive wine cellar.
- Price: 20,000
- Phone: +354 552 5700
Places to Visit Near Reykjavik
Reykjavik in Iceland is a beautiful place for a holiday, but there are a few more mesmerizing places listed below near Iceland.
- Scottish Isles. Isle of Skye
- The Faroe Islands. Tjørnuvík village
- Sitting high above Geirangerfjord
- Hubbard Glacier
- Ilulissat, Greenland
There are no direct flights from India; however, various carriers, including Icelandair, EasyJet, Etihad, Emirates, Lufthansa, Air India, Turkish Airlines, Finnair, and British Airways, offer connecting flights from numerous European locations.