Difference Between Domo vs Tableau
In this article, we will see an outline on Domo vs Tableau. A business intelligence tool to manage, analyze and report data for the use of managers in a business is called Domo. Decisions can be taken easily with the help of results being shown in Domo dashboards and they have many templates to visualize the data. Open-source software to visualize data and put forward certain patterns in graphs so that different analyses can be made to understand the data is called Tableau. The visual representations are interactive that makes the user to change and use it for various purposes. The raw data is easily converted in Tableau and used.
Head to Head Comparison between Domo vs Tableau (Infographics)
Below are the Top 7 comparisons between Domo vs Tableau:
Key differences between Domo vs Tableau
Let us discuss some key differences between Domo vs Tableau in the following points:
- The core of any business intelligence tool is the dashboards and the way they are customized so that decisions can be taken easily from the same. Here both the tools provide a better interface with customized dashboards. The dashboard of the tableau is interactive and satisfies the users with all the basic interfaces of a BI tool. On the other hand, Domo surprises users with different templates and an interactive and pleasant interface.
- Tableau is easy to use when the data is stored in excel format. Tableau takes the input data as excel and gives the visualization of graphs. Domo takes input in the form of any data and analyzes it so that the output is given to the user in the expected format.
- Domo is a cloud-based tool and the way it is integrated is with many cloud applications available in the system. This helps the application to collect data from different sources and perform operations. Users need not worry about the input data as the tool is connected with the cloud. In the case of the tableau, data has to be fed in the tool and then the tool performs the analysis operations.
- SQL knowledge is not needed in Domo and it helps the users to do the data cleaning activity irrespective of the source the data is collected. Also, the data fusion feature is present to merge the data from different sources. Tableau requires the knowledge of SQL and the process of extract, transform and load does not easily happen in this tool.
- Along with cloud applications, Domo has collaboration tools to make the data visualize and do the communication to the people inside the organization or a company. These tools also help to segregate data to a level so that all the processes are automated. Tableau does not have any collaboration tools and the communication part is done from the tool itself. Users can send the data directly from the tool to any people within the organization or individual.
- Tableau has connectors locally so that the data can be pulled from any resources and coding is not required for the same. These local connectors are used in many platforms. Servers are used to store data locally and it can be pulled whenever data is required. Domo has connectors but is integrated with the cloud. Servers are not needed for Domo but when the data is needed, it may process it slowly.
- In the tableau, the data can be organized based on region or any category needed. This helps to know a particular sector and form decisions based on the area. Data is not organized format and it has to be arranged based on the needs of the user.
Comparison Table of Domo vs Tableau
The table below summarizes the comparisons between Domo vs Tableau:
|Domo is not integrated with any programming language and all the operations are integrated within the tool.||Tableau is incorporated with R statistical programming and does the data analysis with the help of the same.|
|A free trial is available and the subscription pricing is about $80 per user per month.||A free trial is available in the tableau is well. The subscription pricing depends on personal and professional package. The personal package is around $30 per month and the enterprise or professional package is $80 per month.|
|All the applications are taken from the cloud and hence external tools are not integrated within the tool. Transforming and loading the data is very easy as the process is connected to cloud applications. Prebuilt pages are present in the application.||More statistics is included in the application and hence if the user needs to know the statistical approach of data, the tableau is a go-to application. Drag and drop features are present in the application.|
|Domo has a good presentation in visualization due to the graphs and hence SQL is not needed for the tool. All the processing is done automatically and the data can be extracted easily.||The data can be color coded and made to interact with users automatically. Any questions about data can be answered directly once seeing the dashboards of the tableau.|
|The number of customers in Domo is nearly 1k and the customers are happy to experiment with different tools in integration with Domo as it is based on the cloud.||The number of customers who use Tableau is more than 50k as it was found way before Domo and customers haven’t changed from Tableau.|
|The tool is known for business analytics as there are different metrics to measure the data and classify it based on the categories or areas within the data.||The user interface is simple and documentation is not needed for beginners to learn the application. Collected data can be fed directly into the system and outputs are given.|
|Data extraction with Domo is difficult and as it uses the cloud, it takes time to load and save data. Also, the enterprise version is a bit costly when compared with tableau.||When the dataset is huge, it takes time to load the application and hence users find it difficult. Also, some find it tough to work with the application in the beginning.
There are many business intelligence tools other than Tableau and Domo. But these tools hold the first position in collecting, analyzing, and understanding data. Users are happy to use the tool and they can switch from one or the other for online or offline usage. Servers are available for one and cloud storage is applicable for another.
This is a guide to Domo vs Tableau. Here we also discuss the top key differences of Domo vs Tableau along with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following articles to learn more –