PRINCE2® (or, PRoject IN Controlled Environments v2), owned by AXELOS Ltd., is in simple words, and in complex, a project management methodology that promotes efficient processes when it comes to quality management and planning and control of a project within an organization, in order to achieve the goals and objectives of that particular project. For people who are keen on putting this methodology into practice, they have by their side the PRINCE2 certification program that takes care of training professionals through qualifying them in this methodology.
The core of PRINCE2 emphasizes on breaking the project down into easily manageable sections that can be looked into with great detail and can assure success to the project if followed to the T. PRINCE2 looks at process-driven project management through the eyes of 4 elements that are bound together to make an all-encompassing project management unit. These 4 elements include:
- 7 Processes
- 7 Principles
- 7 Themes
- A Project Environment
Rewinding to the Past
PRINCE2 was originally derived from a project management methodology called PROMPT II (Project Resource Organization Management Planning Techniques). Right from its PROMPT days as “PROMPT II IN the CCTA ENVIRONMENT” through till being adopted by the UK Government to become a standard for IT systems project management and getting the acronym “PRoject IN Controlled Environments”, PRINCE2 has become the de facto standard in the world of project management not only in the UK Governmental offices but also the entire UN system along with your own project management career.
Built on the foundation of simple project management, PRINCE2 looks at the following 7 processes within which the entire methodology lies and the project’s life cycle is determined. These are as follows:
- Starting a Project
- Initiating the Project
- Directing the Project
- Controlling a Stage of the Project
- Managing the Product Delivery
- Managing the Stage Boundaries
- Closing the Project
Outlining these processes, which are to be followed when the organization has adopted the PRINCE2 methodology, are 7 basic principles that guide their functioning.
- Continued Business Justification
- Learning from Experience
- Defining Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing the Project by Stages
- Managing the Project by Exceptions
- Focusing on Products
- Tailoring the Method based on Project Environment
Themes can be viewed as values that a project team needs to follow while conducting the PRINCE2 methodology. These are also the mindsets needed to be applied by PRINCE2 for project management. They are as follows:
- Business Case
PRINCE2 Project Environment
Since each project differs from each other in the approaches and their objectives, it’s obvious that we treat the project environment for the implementation of PRINCE2 uniquely for every single project we undergo. PRINCE2 allows for a flexible framework so that the solutions offered can be tailored taking into consideration the process, the principles, and the themes.
Why PRINCE2 Training for You?
Training in PRINCE2 can get you ahead of your game when it comes to the project management certification and later on professional employment. The method ideologies by PRINCE2 are a result of years of collaboration among many project management professionals(PMP), such as project managers, their teams, project consultants, and many more academics, who drawn out these training bits and best practices from their very own experiences with PRINCE2. The certification program is the international standard and gaining such an accreditation is the cream on top of the project management cake that has been drawn.
As PRINCE2 is constructed as a generic tool and it can be molded and bent to be suitable for any types of business situation that calls for the implementation of a project. If the wand is wielded correctly, PRINCE2 can provide you with one of the most successful and systematic project management approaches of all time.
- Introduction to PRINCE2 – You will get behind the scenes of living a project and a project methodology. You will even find a sneak peek into PRINCE2 and learn the PRINCE2 way of project management.
- Project Characteristics – In this section, you will be diving deep into learning about the characteristics of a project and how the 7 principles help shape the project into a PRINCE2-touched project management system.
- Principles – Learn more about the basic principles that run PRINCE2.
- Themes – When themes and principles collide, they make an efficient PRINCE2.
- Processes – Amidst the intricate designs of PRINCE2 lies the demarcation of the way the project passes on from one stage of the project life cycle to another.
- Activity Types and Initiating a Project – Understand the different activity types and their role in initiating and setting up a project.
- Tailoring PRINCE2 to Suit Your Project – As PRINCE2 comes to us as a process-driven project management methodology with a flexible framework, it’s very possible for you to tailor it as per your project needs. Learn how to do just that.
- PRINCE2 Foundation – Become a professional with sufficient knowledge about PRINCE2 to implement its teachings in all your project management endeavors.
What are the requirements/prerequisites to PRINCE2 Prep training?
Training for the preparation of PRINCE2 needs a dedicated individual, who has a zealous nature to learn and put into application all this learning. Prepping for the PRINCE2 certification program, involving PRINCE2 Foundation and PRINCE2 Practitioner, can be quite daunting for individuals who don’t have the strength to keep up with the dynamism of the field of project management.
Understanding the concepts isn’t enough in this field and putting these concepts into practice can be difficult if you don’t have the skill to make things work for you. Working individuals who have had a taste of the corporate world and have been there with project teams and project managers can be great recipients to the PRINCE2 Prep training.
Apart from these, PRINCE2 aspirants should have the following prerequisites:
- Basic Computer Knowledge – to put into use all those project management tools that there are for your project’s smooth functioning.
- Basic Project Management Knowledge – to be able to understand those project management tools and techniques to have efficient usage.
- Willpower and Commitment – to put all these together and have many successful projects to your portfolio.
PRINCE2 is a process-based project management methodology that enables professionals a chance to tailor-make their projects a success through complete and effective implementation of the PRINCE2 paradigm. This course provides great insight into the world of PRINCE2 Foundation for individuals who want to complete the certification program to earn an accreditation for better prospects in the future and a repertoire of a line of successful projects.
This course will immensely benefit the following:
- General Managers
- Project Team Managers
- Project Team Members
- Project Specialists and Subject Matter Experts
- Project Management Consultants and Advisors
- Program Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Other Operational Working Professionals
This specially designed Prep training course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn a new project management approach
- Anyone who has set up their mind on learning PRINCE2
- Anyone who wants a brilliant future in project management
- Anyone who wants formal recognition of their project management skills
FAQs – General Questions
- Would taking up this PRINCE2 Prep training involve a full-time commitment?
With this online prep training course, you will be subjected to online materials to complete the course successfully. These preparation kits are available to you once you confirm the admission as per the rules and will be able to take the course at your earliest convenience. We have factored the scenarios where you are a working professional and won’t be able to give dedicated time to the completion of the course, hence, you needed not give in a full-time commitment.
- Does a PRINCE2 certification guarantee me a good project management job?
While just the certification doesn’t guarantee you or promise you a project management job, it depends on your level of skill and receptiveness to the exam and the project management training. But, what PRINCE2 Prep training does do is get you closer to achieving your dream job by facilitating your current knowledge base and skills. The PRINCE2 certification program that you’re aiming at needs you to get the Prep training right and you can then move on to gaining a certificate in PRINCE2 Foundation, the foundation course for your PRINCE2 journey towards project management excellence.
- Can I directly move on to taking the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification program?
In order to hit success with PRINCE2 Practitioner, it’s mandatory for you to first undertake the PRINCE2 Foundation certification program as it is the predecessor for the concepts to be taught during the PRINCE2 Practitioner certification program.
- Which countries duly recognize PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 is a global phenomenon currently and with millions of individuals taking the exams all over the world, we can safely say that PRINCE2 is globally recognized. In the last year alone, there were over 500,000 candidates who appeared and took the PRINCE2 exams in order to level up their skill set for better opportunities around the world.
- What will this PRINCE2 Prep training do for me?
The PRINCE2 Prep training will enable you to be ahead of the game when it comes to project management methodology certification programs such as PRINCE2. With a thorough once-through the curriculum of PRINCE2 Foundation and subsequently the basics of PRINCE2 Practitioner, you will be able to get a lead into the preparations needed to crack these examinations.
Ever since my introduction to the world of project management, I’ve always wanted to reach the caliber that would take me to prepping effectively for my PRINCE2 Foundation course. EduCBA made that preparation a success for me as I am now ready to take on the examination head-on. The lectures are simple to understand and the concept training is crystal clear. With my level of experience in the project management, I never thought I would be able to make this examination a success. But, the easy-to-use prep training made this easier for me. My next stop is PRINCE2 Practitioner and I am sure that EduCBA will still provide me with the necessary training that I need to get things kick-started. Thanks EduCBA!
PRINCE2 – Foundation and practitioner exam prep is a simplistic course for anyone willing to learn. This course has helped me gain a lot of knowledge with its practical approach. I could use this training in my workplace and prepare better this way. I have a background developing IT software and PRINCE2 has been an excellent PM approach to follow. With eduCBA’s course help, I was able to put into use this method and my project was extremely successful. Currently, I am PRINCE2 Foundation certified and I am preparing for PRINCE2 Practitioner. Great course!
I like many courses on this site and I went for PRINCE2 training. The experience was wonderful and very informative. The approach was practical and the lectures had exhaustive work material. All of that was put together to form a good curriculum. The foundation of PRINCE2 is nicely explained and the experience was worth it.
Career Benefits of This Training
PRINCE2 is a widely recognized project management methodology that provides a certification program to those willing to make the cut and rise above the rest in a business situation. This training is solely based on the fact that there are chances for you to get a closer look into PRINCE2 and prepare for it.
This training offers you an avenue to learn the intricacies of PRINCE2 and understand the project management paradigm in the bargain. Preparing for PRINCE2 exams were never this easier, but at a low cost and the higher opportunity, you have a clear win-win situation to go about.
As there are increasing number of professionals lining up for the PRINCE2 exams, the eduCBA PRINCE2 – Foundation and Practitioner Prep Training will be a great guiding force to not only take and excel in the exams but also to help you learn all of it to enhance your skill set and project managerial prowess.
|Where do our learners come from?|
|Professionals from around the world have benefited from eduCBA’s PRINCE2 – Foundation and Practitioner Exam Prep courses. Some of the top places that our learners come from include New York, Dubai, San Francisco, Bay Area, New Jersey, Houston, Seattle, Toronto, London, Berlin, UAE, Chicago, UK, Hong Kong, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand, India, Bangalore, New Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad and Gurgaon among many.|