Introduction to Graphic Design Software
Nowadays UI/UX of any website plays a major role in the marketing of any company. People can buy a product online if it looks good on the website. Thus people invest a lot of time and money in developing any website. This software allows website designers to design their content. They just come as a revolution in user interface design. We can draw and design anything online and upload it directly on the website using this software. The demand for this software is increasing in every field of engineering. The graphics design software market is growing at a rate of 6.5 % CAGR, and it is forecasted that this market will reach $280.15 billion by 2025. Basically, these software market demands are from the media and entertainment sector, but other sectors like aerospace and defense, education, architecture, automobile, manufacturing, education, and construction also increasing the scope of this software.
What is Graphic Design?
Graphics Design is so vast that it is very difficult to recognize what a graphics designer is doing at one specific time. For example, he must design the layout of the page, create the website, design the logo, etc. To do all the above things, a designer will be forming a combination of space, color, text, and images to form a page. To do this, we need to use software to frame it.
Graphics designers try to design similar things, but they must look different from each other to differentiate between them. To accomplish or complete the design task, he or she uses different types of software. This software had completely changed the old-fashioned or traditional way of designing in which people use pen, pencils, colors, and knives are used for framing any design. Some graphics designers use both the traditional and digital manner to design any website.
What is Computer Graphic Design?
- Computer graphic design creates visual concepts for creating images and unique concepts. Using a computer, designers are now able to create a design with more creativity. There are a lot many varieties of graphics software available in the market. Each manufacturer of this software had used unique ways of creating them. It all depends on the user about how he uses that software for framing his design. Some features or tools make every different from each other. The organization of these features and tools throughout the front page of any software more effectively and friendly for any user makes that software popular in the market. Some software is raster-based, and others are vector-based.
- Raster images are created with the help of pixels, while vector images are made with the help of curves. While rendering any raster image, it renders pixel by pixel and produces a wonderful realistic image, but the problem is that these images degrade their quality when you resize it. Since vector-based images are created with the help of points computer has only to remember the curve points to enlarge any image and resize it. For creating logos and small images, people use vector-based software, and for making large rendering images, we use raster-based software.
Best Graphic Design Softwares
Now we will discuss in brief the best graphic design software’s available in the market:
- Adobe Illustrator CC: This software is one of the most useful software for professionals, designers, and artists. It provides a wide variety of tools for the creation of websites, logos for various brands, video games, and print. It is vector-based software in which we can easily scale up the image without degrading image quality. It allows the user to easily create any image because of its better-framed templates and presets. This software is also integrated with the cloud, which allows users to share their designs with each other. We can easily create sharp segments and clear lines because pixels automatically align to the nearest pixel grid in this software.
- Adobe Photoshop: This software is one of the most used software for web designing. It allows users to create websites, icons, posters, banners, and mobile apps. We also create 3d artwork, illustrations using this software. This software’s key features include brush smoke smoothing, lightroom photos, brush management, luminance masking control, paint symmetry, and many others.
- Adobe InDesign CC: Adobe In Design is basically used for the creation of documents for digital and print media. It is used to design postures, annual reports, magazines, and many other projects. Tools provided with this software allow a user to create reports easily. We can also share reports with the help of its cloud connectivity.
- GIMP: It has the capability of fine-tuning images. Its features include Bezier curves, layer masks, filters, and an animation package. It allows users to install downloadable plugins. The user interface window is most easily access able for any user.
- Corel Draw: It is vector-based software. The alignment guide tool allows the user to move objects easily. It works smoothly with large files. This is the second most used software for web designing after Adobe Photoshop.
- Pixlr: It is an image editing software used by web designers and can run on both browsers and operating systems.
- Inkspace: It is having a wide variety of vector-based image editing tools. It supports a wide variety of file formats that allow the user to open it in any other software.
- Gravit Designer: It is cost-free vector-based software.
- Onshape: It is a cloud-connected software for 3D CAD designing and data management.
- Renderforest Logo Maker: It is a cost-free software for the business professional who wants to design a logo from the browser.
- SVG-Edit: Scalable Vector Graphics can use only SVG, HTML5, JS, TIFF, GIFF, and CSS and runs in all browsers and does not need any server-based processing.
Before starting any design project, a designer should exactly know about his target audience. He also needs to know the exact requirement of his client clearly. Graphics Designer should provide sufficient information with better content, and graphics can help get any contract quite easily.
This is a guide to Best Graphic Design Software. Here we discuss an Introduction and the top 11 Best Graphic Design Softwares. You may also look at our other related articles to learn more –