Difference between Aurelia and Angular
Durandal Inc backed aurelia. It was licensed under the MIT license. Aurelia provides great rendering speed, very good memory efficiency, unidirectional data flow, which is safer, higher standards of compliance, greater integration compatibility with different other platforms or frameworks. Aurelia is an open-source framework and is licensed under MIT.
Angular was developed and maintained by an Angular team at Google with a community and individual contributors. It was licensed under the MIT license. It was initially released in the year 2016. It was written in Typescript. Its code was hosted on the Github repository. The latest version of the angular is Angular 6, which is released in May 2018. The code is based on modularity and has different components as it is a component-based model. Angular provides greater speed and performance and supports the development across all the platforms, and supports different tools with integration and mainly, it was backed by Google; it has a more user base and a larger community that is more credible and reliable.
Head To Head Comparison Between Aurelia and Angular (Infographics)
Below is the top 9 difference between Aurelia vs Angular
Key Differences between Aurelia and Angular
Both are popular choices in the market; let us discuss some of the major Differences:
- Aurelia has a clear and easier coding style which is easier to understand and easy to configure the framework setup as well, whereas Angular framework needs more configuration setup, and code needs to be developed in a loose coupling way rather than making it more complex that takes some time.
- Aurelia requires less configuration setup as it mostly concentrates on the business logic instead of configuration setup, whereas in Angular, everything new component or functionality has to be set up with a configuration in order to make it use or work, which consumes some extra development time.
- Aurelia provides lesser configuration or coding in the case of binding events, whereas Angular needs more configuration and causes some confusion in making the configurations for binding the events.
- Aurelia provides support for the application from its maintainer Blue Spire Inc., as it a smaller company, it gives some reliability to the customer, whereas Angular users will not be given any support individually by Google as it has already a large user based community and greater support from its community.
- Aurelia supports different languages such as ECMA Script, TypeScript and all of its versions, giving more flexibility in its development, whereas Angular is based on TypeScript.
- Aurelia supports two types of binding, i.e., one-way binding and two-way binding, easily, whereas, in the case of Angular, it is difficult to use both types of bindings initially, which creates some confusion among the developers to adapt.
- Aurelia was as Angular.
- Aurelia is case-insensitive in the case of HTML tags, whereas Angular is not and hence cannot use the HTML parsers in the browser.
- Aurelia is providing come support and consulting through its base company which results in some kind of commercialization, whereas Angular is not involved in any kind of commercial, and it is completely open-source and was backed by a large group of individual contributors and community.
- In Aurelia, all the templates can be wrapped in a single tag, whereas in Angular is difficult to achieve this or not at all possible, and it needs both template and element name.
- In Aurelia, custom elements can be created, whereas, in the case of Angular, custom elements or components can be easily defined and used.
Aurelia vs Angular Comparison Table
Below is the topmost comparison between Aurelia vs Angular
The basis of comparison
|Definition||Aurelia is a UI framework in JS.||Angular is also a UI framework in JS but based on Typescript.|
|Usage||Provides dynamic web pages in Single Page Application.||Dynamic and rich web pages for SPA applications.|
|Integration||Supports integration with different frameworks and tools.||Supports integration with different frameworks, tools, and IDEs.|
|Platform||Supports any modern web browser to display dynamic content.||Supports cross-platform and any modern web browsers.|
|Generality||Aurelia is being used recently and is emerging fast for mobile web and desktop applications.||Angular is available in many versions for many days and is backed by Google, and many of the existing applications are in Angular versions.|
|Community||It has a smaller community compared to Angular.||It has a larger community and many individual contributors.|
|License||It was licensed under MIT.||It was also licensed under MIT and maintained by Google.|
|Compatibility||Supported only by all modern browsers.||Supports all modern browsers and all cross-platform operating systems or applications.|
|Data Binding||Data binding is easier in Aurelia.||Data binding is difficult in Angular.|
Both are front-end frameworks for modern mobile, web and desktop applications, and they support different third-party tools or application integration and it has poor community support, whereas Angular has a large user base and great community support with high individual contributors. The choice should be Angular in the case of community support and standard features as Google backs it.
Aurelia is a bit more stable compared to Angular. She is recommended in the case of stable and high-end applications that need the quality and security of an application. In contrast, Angular can be preferred in the case of the application size can be reduced for more number of multiple requests, and performance can be improved using different efficient techniques. The choice of selecting the framework depends on the parameters required for the application and the organization using the application, security features, community support, and easier or faster technical resolutions in the cases of glitches or failures in the application functionalities or components.
This has been a guide to the top difference between Aurelia vs Angular. Here we also discuss the key differences with infographics and comparison table. You may also have a look at the following Aurelia vs Angular articles to learn more –