Biography of Abhijeet Sawant
Abhijeet Sawant is an Indian singer and songwriter who rose to fame after winning the first season of Indian Idol in 2005. He has released several singles and albums since then, including Aapka Abhijeet Sawant (2005), Junoon (2009), and Aapka Surroor (2009). He has also acted in several Indian TV serials and movies, including Jai Santoshi Maa (2006), Kuch Toh Log Kahenge (2011), and Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi (2016). He judges the singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Lil Champs.
Personal Statistics of Abhijeet Sawant
|Born||October 7, 1981|
|Networth||Approx $10 million|
Early life of Abhijeet Sawant
- Abhijeet Sawant was the only child of parents Ashok and Uma Sawant. His father worked in the Merchant Navy, and his mother was a homemaker. As a child, Abhijeet was an introverted and shy person who loved to sing. He was an avid listener of Indian Classical Music and was also fond of singing bhajans at home.
- At 15, Abhijeet started participating in local singing competitions and soon became a household name in Mumbai. He was also part of a band called ‘D-Freakers,’ which performed at many local events and college festivals.
- In 2001, Abhijeet auditioned for Indian Idol and stood as one of the top 10 contestants. He eventually became the first-ever Indian Idol and gained massive recognition and fame. After his win, Abhijeet released his debut album ‘Aapka Abhijeet Sawant,’ a huge hit.
- Apart from singing, Abhijeet also ventured into acting. He has acted in music videos, regional films, and a Bollywood movie called ‘Aazan.’ He is also the founder of the ‘Abhijeet Sawant Foundation,’ which works towards helping underprivileged children in India.
- Abhijeet Sawant is an Indian singer, songwriter, and music composer who rose to fame after winning the first season of the Indian television singing reality show, Indian Idol in 2005.
- Sawant received his education from St. Xavier’s High School, Mumbai. He was an average student and inclined to music. During his school days, he participated in various musical competitions and festivals.
- He pursued his graduation in Mass Media from the Institute of Hotel Management, Catering Technology, and Applied Nutrition (IHM), Mumbai. During his college days, he was actively involved in the college music club and was also a part of a band named “Aryan.”
- After graduation, he worked as an assistant in the music department of the television show “Bigg Boss” for two years. Later, he quit his job and decided to pursue his singing career. He then auditioned for the first season of Indian Idol, where he emerged as the winner.
- Abhijeet Sawant is an Indian singer, songwriter, and actor from Mumbai. He was the first Indian Idol.
- Sawant’s career began in 2004 when he auditioned for the first season of Indian Idol. He won the competition and became the first Indian Idol. His debut album, Aapka Abhijeet Sawant, was released in 2005. The album was successful, and its lead single, “Lafzon Mein,” became a chartbuster. His follow-up album, Junoon, was released in 2007 and featured the hit single “Maula Mere.” He also released a single, “Udja Kale Kawan,” in 2008.
- Following his success as a singer, Sawant ventured into acting. He made his debut in the 2009 Hindi film, Sadiyaan. He acted in the Bollywood film, Ankahee (2011). In 2014, he worked in the Marathi film Baji.
- Sawant has also performed in live shows and concerts across India. He was part of the musical tour titled “The Voice of India” in 2008. He also participated in a musical tour titled “The Voice of India Reloaded” in 2010.
- In addition to his singing and acting career, Sawant was involved in various social causes. He has worked with organizations such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Indian Cancer Society, and the Smile Foundation. He has also participated actively in various reality shows such as Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge and Jhalak Dikhla Jaa.
- He stood as a first runner-up in a musical competition, “Jo Jeetha Wohi Superstar.”
- Abhijeet hosted the Fifth season of Indian Idol in the year 2010.
Abhijeet Sawant is an Indian playback singer, television host, and actor who won the first season of Indian Idol in 2004. He is known for his distinct singing style and has released several albums that have become chart-toppers. His work has earned him several awards, including the Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer in 2007. He is also an active philanthropist and has associated with various charity organizations. In conclusion, Abhijeet Sawant is a successful singer, television host, and actor who has established himself as a well-respected artist in the entertainment industry.
We hope that this EDUCBA information on “Abhijeet Sawant” was beneficial to you. You can view EDUCBA’s recommended articles for more information,